Parents of pupils who are applying to higher education this year, for entry in 2019, are cordially invited to a special UCAS evening for parents, and if possible pupils, where there will be a full explanation of the procedure along with the opportunity to ask questions.
The meeting will be held in the Social Area at the school, at 7pm on Wednesday 29th August.
Ms. McKenzie from the Pupil Support team will deliver a presentation on the following;
- The UCAS form and how to complete it;
- The crucial deadline dates which have to be met on the way;
- The need to investigate the most appropriate courses and universities;
- The costs incurred with different options;
- The importance of the student’s personal statement and how this can influence a university’s decision;
- How to prepare your son or daughter for interview.