In these exceptional circumstances, Education Resources is being asked to provide a limited emergency childcare service for the children of key workers whose parents are critical to supporting the front line Covid-19 response during Monday 8th February – Wednesday 10th February. We have therefore reviewed the key worker criteria for this short holiday period.
As places will be limited we expect that most parents will use annual leave or make alternative childcare arrangements.
Only key workers who cannot fulfil these critical functions when working remotely from home may qualify for emergency childcare provision. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be. Both parents must be classed as keyworkers as defined below.
These emergency childcare hubs will operate from a number of locations throughout South Lanarkshire between 9:00am until 3:30pm. A hot lunch will be available either paid as normal or via free school meals if eligible. Transport will not be provided.
Those requiring a place must complete the on-line application form by Monday, 1st February, 9.30am. Places will be prioritised and those granted a space will be notified via email by close of business on Thursday, 4 February.
We will do our best to match the allocated childcare place to the location you specified, but this may not always be possible.
Please do not fill in the form if your child already attends a Standalone nursery as they remain open.
Details of prioritised key workers during this period are provided below:
– Health and Care workers directly supporting the COVID-19 response, and associated staff; Health and Care workers supporting life threatening emergency work, as well as critical primary and community care provision.
– Other Health and Care workers, and wider public sector workers providing emergency/critical welfare services (e.g. Police, care at home/home care workers)
If eligible and have no alternative childcare, an application should be submitted using the link attached:
Children and young people should NOT attend if they have underlying health conditions or are currently self-isolating. Those attending will be required and supported to follow social distancing and hygiene rules.
Emergency childcare will revert to normal following the schools’ return on Thursday, 11th February 2021.
Below are details of the emergency childcare hub locations.
Childcare locations for families who have a school age child/children (Primary 1 to S2)
- Biggar Hub A – Biggar Primary School
- Carluke Hub – St Athanathius’ Primary School
- Cathkin Hub – Loch Primary School
- East Kilbride Hub A – Halfmerke Primary School
- East Kilbride Hub B – St Hilary’s Primary School
- Hamilton Hub A – Glenlee Primary School
- Hamilton Hub B – Woodside Primary School
- Lanark Hub – St Mary’s Primary School (Lanark)
- Larkhall Hub – Machanhill Primary School
- Rutherglen Hub – Calderwood Primary School
Childcare locations for families who have a child/children of nursery age (3-5 years not yet attending primary school).
- Ballerup – Standalone Nursery
- Calderside – Standalone Nursery
- Cathkin – Standalone Nursery
- ELU Hamilton – Standalone Nursery
- First Steps – Standalone Nursery
- Glenburgh – Standalone Nursery
- Halfmerke – Standalone Nursery
- Hollandbush – Standalone Nursery
- Kirkstyle – Standalone Nursery
- Larkhall CC – Standalone Nursery
- Millburn – Standalone Nursery
- Rigside – Standalone Nursery
- Westburn – Standalone Nursery
- Woodhill – Standalone Nursery
- Woodlands – Standalone Nursery