At Hamilton Grammar School our Mental Health & Wellbeing matters and we promote a stigma free environment.
Big White Wall is an online support platform for anyone requiring support when they are facing challenges with their mental health and wellbeing. It is FREE resource which is available to all 16-19 year olds in South Lanarkshire.
The online service offers complete anonymity and a safe space to get things off your chest, explore your feelings, get creative and learn how to self-manage your mental health and wellbeing. Whether struggling to sleep, feeling low, stressed or unable to cope, Big White Wall can help young people get support, take control and feel better.
To access Big White Wall, you can register for Free by providing your postcode and date of birth on the website link :- https://bigwhitewall.com/
Once registered young people will have access to the 24/7 online global community which offers:-
- A stigma free and safe environment to express how they are feeling.
- Online anonymous support from other members of the BWW community (peer support, 1-1 and BWW mental health professional support).
- Access and sign-posting to resources to support positive mental health and wellbeing.
- Courses to learn how to maintain positive wellbeing and self-manage aspects of mental health and wellbeing.
- 24/7 Online support from trained counsellors who act as moderators to ensure a safe environment and who can intervene if a user is at high risk.
**If you are under 16 years old and would like more information about mental health, please contact your Pupil Support teacher or speak to a trusted adult.**
Big White Wall (BWW) offers:-
Community: – Clinically moderated, anonymous online forums. Design tool to enable the creative expression of difficult emotions. Moderated 24/7 by trained practitioners who keep members safe, and facilitate the process of people helping people in an online environment
Courses: – Quality self-help courses on promoting positive mental health, wellbeing and lifestyle topics. Share course progress with the community in specific online forums.
Resources . Library of useful articles and resources, plus helpful tests and features to self-reflect and track progress.
200 000+ young people from an education setting have accessed the BWW. 70% of members join for immediate access, 55% of members feel less isolated, 64% of members access BWW out of hours.
Please click on the link below for a step by step guide on how to sign up:
BWW – Step By Step Guide to Registering to BWW (HGS)